IMDAT organization, found in April 2015 by volunteers in different professions against violence under the presidency of Prof. Dr. Oğuz Polat, is a non-governmental organization.
Our aim is;
- Firstly, protect children and women against violence they have to face,
- Coordinate informing, awareness and instructing events by addressing the national and international legal frameworks about children and women rights to the society,
- Preventing violence in the society and providing rehabilitation service to violence survivors,
- Making events to support the organization and let these works done prevalently and continuously.
Status detection about violence, rehabilitation, inspection and evaluation of the provided services, researching the prevention models, giving education and consultation about the issue are in the main fields of activity of the organization.
The organization chooses a solution based approach in the fields of status determination, rehabilitation, searching, prevention and protection services of criminalized, street or in tough conditions children and violence victim women.
In addition to the Security Directorate and related branch offices (Emniyet Müdürlüğü), the organization works in cooperation with governmental organizations such as, Women’s Status General Directorate, Social Services Children Protection Institution, and with universities, related ministry departments and NGOs that already been established or will be established.
In summary, the organization produces solutions to prevent any kind of violence that occurs in the society and works for a future that any risk factors of violence has been removed.
Active works are done in the fields of education, research, activities, hotline and other fields by 16 commissions that our members actively volunteered.
Organization Hotline Service: With our hotline call service, medical, legal and psychological help is provided for 7/24.
Conferences for Cooperation with Municipalities and the Schools:
- GIN (Global Issues Network) Conferences in 2nd June 2015
- Women and Children Rights Symposium by the Bar of Ordu, Ordu Metropolitan Municipality and Ordu City Council Women Council Presidency in 13th June 2015
- 1 hour Children Rights Education to children between the age of 8 and 11 in Canakkale Troia Social Life House in 18th August 2015
- IMDAT Violence Workshop in Gaziantep with Turk MISC in between 4th – 6thSeptember 2015
- “Children Under Risk” Workshop in cooperation with Kadıköy Municipality in 12thSeptember 2015
- 3 meetings about children and violence in cooperation with Köyceğiz Municipality in 18th – 19th October 2015
Certificated Education Activities:
- All our volunteers become a member of the organization after successfully finished the 12 hour certification education.
- “Interview Techniques with Children” course took place in 11th – 12th November 2015.
An academic congress “Understanding Violence” took place in cooperation with MEF University Faculty of Law in between 12th – 14th November 2015. The academic put outs of the congress have been shared to the public opinion which had 3 conferences, 7 panels and 30 verbal presentations in 6 sessions, 32 poster presentations with academicians working in the field of violence.
IMDAT – Prevention of Violence and Rehabilitation Organization is founded by a volunteer group of professionals, academics ,students to work on prevention of violence and want to help violence victims for treatment and rehabilitation .
We want to raise awareness against violence, inform and react to violent acts as a non-governmental organization. We want to work and collaborate with everybody about violence issues including citizens out the streets to professionals working in the field.
We are planning to make projects about role modeling about services fo violence victims to government which has the most leading role in violence prevention, we want to maintain some services with the projects and we also want to have prevention projects for children and women not to become victims of violence.
In this website, in addition of learning who we are and what we do, you can also learn what will we do and you can be informed of the activities by being a member to our website .
There is aalways something to be done for anyone who wishes to do it.
We are expecting you to join us .
While We Begin,
We, as IMDAT- Violence Prevention and Rehabilitation Organization, get together to see if we are capable of doing anything in a hard –core issue violence. IMDATname is not put just as an exclamation. It also refers to the initials of the basic objects of violence. I refers to abuse (istismar), M refers victim(mağdur), D refers beating(dayak), A refers humiliation(aşağılama) and T refers rape(tecavüz), and when they all come together it forms IMDAT. As we see above, there are many forms of violence acts and victims.
As a first step to prevent the violence, it should be known and perceived that violence is a real problem. That is the reason, why our organization’s first steps are steps to supply this knowledge. We priorlytook children and women, who firstly become victims of violence, to our agenda. Besides neighborhood meetings and small group informing, we also aimed to give attention to academic meetings about the issue and we have made our first congress in November with “Understanding Violence” headline.
Violence prevention can only occur with a multidisciplinary work. It will be possible to reach positive results with a group work bringing different job groups come together primarly, lawyers, health care providers, psychologists, social service specialists, sociologists.
We, as IMDAT organization, want to keep continuing our works to prevent violence in full speed. Here, we are not only aiming to prevent, but also we want to support the violence victims and we want to help the process which starts with first degree prevention to long time rehabilitation and legal services.
We want be useful in the new year and we want to do it even in a case even though we know it won’t stop.
- Health: to be responsible from all coordination and processing works in every stage where a medical intervention is necessary and possible in the works of organization and to give consultation service.
- Legal: to give support to applications done to hotline service and give consultation, to do legal works of the organization.
- Psychology: to give support in every necessary case and in the applications to the hotline service.
- Academic activities: to coordinate and to carry out all kinds of academic activities.
- Cooperation between organizations: to cooperate with the organizations nationally and internationally working in the same field, schools and municipalities and to do networking.
- Pressed and digital platforms: to supply we area information, format etc. to prepare the bulletin and publish it weekly. To prepare the visuals and contents of materials such as, brochure, booklet, book, poster, billboard etc.
- Media: to do works to supply familiarity on TV, press, radio, youtube and all media environment.
- Project: to prepare projects to all institutions firstly, to EU which have the potential to give financial support.
- Children lines: to be responsible of coordination from every activity and work done for children.
Official Website: http://imdat.org/home-page/